Where did I lose the child in me?
The child has a heart of gold, children never lie……..
The children need to be free, so that they can fly…….
I knew not as a child what grudge was or malice
Everything I did with my heart, there was no guise
I heard them all say leave the child - whatever will be will be
Do not stop, do not curb, soar high, for all to see
The new dawn looked at me as, old & bold I grew
The grudge and malice I knew not as a child, they all came true
Bewildered and confused I searched around for me
And lo and behold, I knew this was not That me
Stifle the free thinking grown up - The society did so well
Stop being, stop thinking like a child - The tears in me swell
“Man is free but is everywhere in chains” I realized this with so much pain
I had to grow up, become the adult, all my childhood freedom in vain
Better off were my parents, having led a regimented life
Made no difference when they grew up, no loss no strife
Trained from childhood to be behave as old
When the grew up, they did as they were told
But what rocks my thoughts, rakes my mind - Why this insanity, oh mankind
I would do better with the heart of a child, wearing the thinking cap of
my kind
There would be no sorrows no pain, all the happiness wouldn’t go down the
drain
Oh all my dear please do hear, the plea of a happily thinking grown up
child
Who still has a heart of gold but a little old and wants to be treated a
little mild
Grown-ups doesn’t mean we stop being the child
I wish not to be stopped, nor to be chided but just…… smiled
No comments:
Post a Comment